Electricity Maps is looking for sales professionals to join the team. We are looking for a Business Development Manager and/or Customer Success Manager.
- Shape your role to contribute to the 10x growth of a successful climate tech start-up as we look for candidates across several levels of seniority, and with different profiles (customer success, sales, consulting, e-commerce…)
- Be part of a purpose-driven, passionate, and inclusive team
- Copenhagen-based, WFH meeting-free Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Enjoy the benefits of an agile startup: autonomy, trust, and flexibility
- Use their skills on the most meaningful topic of our time - fixing climate change 🌱
What you’ll do
Your mission will be to contribute to the 10x growth of the company, by either developing existing customers, tapping into new markets or developing our sales channels. The specific tasks will depend on how we shape your role together, and could include:
- Develop and grow thought leadership and commercial relationships with current clients (eg. Google, Cisco, Microsoft…) by driving product adoption, policy initiatives, pricing, and contractual negotiations.
- Kickstart new commercial relationships in untapped industry segments by conducting market research and implementing the appropriate go to market strategy
- Develop partnerships with resellers, consultancies, and other ecosystem players.
- Develop and scale no-touch customer journeys working closely with our marketing team.
Across all sales-related roles we also expect you to :
- Identify existing challenges in closing deals or internal work processes and design initiatives to address them.
- Lead industry or use-case-specific topics to eg address client understanding and scalability (eg segmenting our customers and creating prototypes / other material specifically addressing these).
- Work closely with the product team to ensure that the roadmap corresponds to key client or segment needs and fulfill contractual agreements.
- Ad hoc tasks supporting teammates and other teams.
Who we’re looking for
Note: we have positions available across several levels of seniority and want to discuss with you what precise scope fits your career path.
- 3-10 years in customer success, consulting, or related, addressing mid to C-Level stakeholders
- Experience with sustainability and energy-related topics within utilities, tech, automotive, consumer electronics, or related industries is preferred
- Ability to both think strategically and execute autonomously
- Shape complex problems, identify solutions, and drive execution with an eye to the bigger picture of company goals
- Work collaboratively with the team in all stages of the process
- Autonomously manage and prioritize own work and cross-functional projects
- Be comfortable working in uncertainty and complexity
- Excited to learn more about data and energy
- For senior profiles: experience managing complex cross-functional projects, leadership track record, ability to contribute to wider company strategy
In return, you will get to work in a company where responsibility is taken by you and not delegated from the top. This gives you the opportunity to work with the projects you feel most passionate about - we believe that is how we get the best results.
You will work in a company with a trust-based culture, where no one is micromanaging you and where your leader believes that you will always try and deliver your best no matter what task you are taking on. As a company, we offer amazing colleagues, a competitive salary, six weeks of paid vacation, and the possibility of participating in external and internal courses and training sessions that will make you an even more skilled and accomplished professional.