Program Manager - Policy & Advocacy
- Develop and lead Electricity Maps’ strategic policy and advocacy engagement, by participating in key working groups and conferences, as well as contributing to content, peer-reviews and research.
- Be part of a purpose-driven, passionate, and inclusive team
- Copenhagen-based, WFH meeting-free Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Enjoy the benefits of an agile startup: autonomy, trust, and flexibility
- Use their skills on the most meaningful topic of our time - fixing climate change 🌱
What you’ll do
- Build and manage key relationships with policy contacts and non-profit groups/initiatives, such as EnergyTag, GHG Protocol, RE100, CDP, etc. by contributing to conferences, panels and working groups.
- Engage with our partners to develop recommendations for best practices for corporate electricity carbon accounting and climate action initiatives, such as the use of certificates/PPAs, methodologies for grid carbon signals, etc.
- Collaborate with Electricity Maps’ sales and product teams to align policy proposals, product goals and client solutions
- Coordinate research collaborations internally with sales and product teams, and externally with academia, data providers, customers, policymakers, peers, etc.
- Publish research and insights in both peer-reviewed papers, as well as formats that allow us to engage with stakeholders around Electricity Maps’ vision (i.e. blog posts, presentations, interactive tools…)
Who we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in program or project management, and proven track record of structuring and influencing complex conversations
- 2+ years of experience leading advocacy strategy programs in climate, or clean energy; preferably related with energy science, standards, and policy
- Knowledge about the power system and carbon accounting methodologies (emission factors, GHG Scope 2 location and market-based, GOs, RECs) etc.. - ideally you have some published work in this field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
You will work in a company with a trust-based culture, where no one is micromanaging you and where your leader believes that you will always try and deliver your best no matter what task you are taking on. As a company, we offer amazing colleagues, two deep work days per week, six weeks of paid vacation, and the possibility of participating in external and internal courses and training sessions that will make you an even more skilled and accomplished professional.
Salary range 40000 to 53000 depending on experience.