Tech Lead for the Data Platform
Electricity Maps is organising the world’s electricity data to drive the transition towards a truly decarbonised electricity system. Join us in our purpose-driven and ambitious mission!
- Electricity Maps’ team is growing to ~20 people! As a passionate and inclusive team, we believe in autonomy and trust that everyone puts in their best work.
- Electricity Maps has a sustainable and flexible work environment. We have meeting-free, work-from-home deep work days twice a week, and have at heart that everyone should have fun while building great things together.
- We value personality beyond just your years of experience. Electricity Maps offers many growth opportunities and we make sure everyone gets to work on excting and challenging new problems.
- We offer great benefits in Copenhagen, one of the most liveable cities in the world.
About the role
As more organisations commit to necessary decarbonisation goals, we’re facing increasing demand for our data and insights, as well as for expanding our data models and coverage. To meet this demand we will improve our data pipeline and data infrastructure, which requires the orchestrated delivery of multiple technical enablers. Your job will be to enable this by:
- Translating the product strategy, commercial feedback and engineering suggestions into technical initiatives and deliverables that put us on track to achieve our ambitious mission.
- Organising engineering knowledge sharing and development of best practices within the data platform team.
- Guiding the building of (and building yourself) large-scale batch and real-time streaming data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Spark, Apache Beam and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Guiding optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality and ensure reliability.
- Working together with our open source community (a lot of our code is open source).
- Collaborating with other software engineers, data scientists and community experts to ensure that Electricity Maps delivers the most accurate data.
We’re looking for a purpose-driven and empathetic tech lead who is comfortable with autonomy and solving complex problems that will enable the world to understand and reduce its emissions. We mostly care about your ability to deliver great work, so we do not expect you to be an expert in the specific technologies we use.
As the ideal future teammate, you
- Are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Have experience deploying and maintaining data-related infrastructure in the cloud.
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience with others.
- Are detail-oriented and organised. Thrive in an environment that provides autonomy, that supports your individual growth with interesting tasks, and that involves you in defining your role as you grow.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: 60 000 - 65 000 dkk per month, depending on years of relevant experience, according to a transparent compensation structure.
- Warrants scheme.
- 6 weeks of paid holidays.
- Paid lunch when working from the office.
- Health insurance and insurance covering loss of ability to work.
- Parental leave.
We sponsor VISAs for non-EU residents.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Electricity Maps is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Electricity Maps for who you are, no matter your background or what you look like. We believe that it’s in our differences that we will find the power to solve one of the biggest issues of our time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.