CTO / Head of Engineering
- You: Currently a Tech Lead or Head of Eng w/ 5+ years of experience
- Salary is 80 000 DKK/month
- In-office in Copenhagen (Denmark) 3 days a week (no full remote)
- Be part of the leadership team focussing on creating the best engineering culture
- Enjoy the benefits of a small and agile startup: autonomy, trust and flexibility
- Use your skills on the most important challenge of our time - climate change 🌱
What you’ll do
In essence, your mission will be to help the engineering team be as productive as possible by fostering an engineering culture enabling each team member to live up to their potential.
You will be part of the leadership team together with our CEO and Heads of Operations, Product and Sales & Marketing, thus participating in establishing the direction and future evolution of Electricity Maps.
You will be responsible for:
- Attracting and hiring the best engineering team (e.g. advocating publicly about Electricity Maps, meeting with candidates, writing blog posts…)
- Collaborating closely with our Head of Product to establish the product strategy, engineering roadmap, as well as formalising the organisation structure of the product & engineering teams
- Mentoring, coaching and developing the careers of engineers
- Defining cross-team engineering best practices (SLOs, monitoring, testing strategies...)
- Facilitating key strategic technical decisions (build vs buy, in-house vs consultants, tech stack, cloud provider...)
As the ideal future Head of Engineering, you
- Have excellent written and oral communication
- Are a great technical advisor
- Excel at big picture thinking, structured problem solving and getting things done
- Are empathetic, approachable and have desire to build a cohesive team cemented by trust and psychological safety
- Have a contagious ambition and want to leave a mark by building products that significantly impacts the world's ability to fight climate change
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: 80 000 DKK per month.
- Warrants scheme.
- 6 weeks of paid holidays.
- Paid lunch when working from the office.
- Health insurance and insurance covering loss of ability to work.
- Parental leave.
Engineering team context
At Electricity Maps we currently have two product teams with ~4 engineers in each.
We sponsor VISAs for non-EU residents.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Electricity Maps is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Electricity Maps for who you are, no matter your background or what you look like. We believe that it’s in our differences that we will find the power to solve one of the biggest issues of our time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.