Electricity Maps is organising the world’s electricity data to drive the transition towards a truly decarbonised electricity system. Join us in our purpose-driven and ambitious mission!
- Electricity Maps’ team is growing to ~20 people, all of whom are well-intentioned and passionate humans. Within this fun and inclusive team, we all respect each other’s autonomy and trust that everyone is putting in their best work.
- Electricity Maps’ provides a sustainable and flexible work environment. We believe in deep work (Tuesdays and Thursdays are meeting free and work from home days), and have at heart to let everyone have fun while growing as individuals by building great things together.
- Your personality and breadth of experience mean more than years of experience. Electricity Maps offers continuous growth opportunities and the way we work ensures that everybody is regularly confronted with new unresolved problems.
- We offer great benefits in Copenhagen, one of the most liveable cities in the world.
About the role
As more organisations commit to necessary de-carbonation goals, we’re facing increasing demand for our data and insights, and to meet this demand we will improve our data pipeline and other infrastructure. Your job will be to enable this by:
- Building large-scale batch and real-time streaming data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Spark, Apache Beam and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Promoting optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality and ensure reliability.
- Working together with our open source community (a lot of our code is open source).
- Collaborating with other software engineers, data scientists and community experts to ensure that Electricity Maps delivers the most accurate data.
We’re looking for a purpose-driven and empathetic data engineer who is comfortable with autonomy and solving complex problems that will enable the world to understand and reduce its emissions. We mostly care about your ability to deliver great work, so we do not expect you to be an expert in the specific technologies we use.
As the ideal future teammate, you
- Know how to work with and process high volumes of time-series data.
- Are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Have experience deploying and maintaining data pipelines in the cloud.
- Are detail-oriented and organised. Thrive in an environment that provides autonomy, that supports your individual growth with interesting tasks, and that involves you in defining your role as you grow.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: 42 000 - 65 000 dkk per month.
- Warrants scheme.
- 6 weeks of paid holidays.
- Paid lunch when working from the office.
- Health insurance and insurance covering loss of ability to work.
- Parental leave.
We sponsor VISAs for non-EU residents.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Electricity Maps is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Electricity Maps for who you are, no matter your background or what you look like. We believe that it’s in our differences that we will find the power to solve one of the biggest issues of our time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.